Posted on: January 12, 2020
Title: Project Accountant
Job Category: Accounting
Line of Business: Workforce Services
About this Career Opportunity:
- The Project Accountant is responsible for tracking, analyzing,
and reporting project financial status. This position ensures that
procedures and policies are in place to facilitate effective and
efficient financial reporting and ensure compliance with local,
state and corporate policies.
- The Project Accountant directs fiscal operations relating to
financial planning, funds management, accounting, reporting and
- Prepares financial performance reviews, and maintaining project
- Prepare and maintain project budgets, forecasts and cash
- Administer supplier contract terms, verify compliance and
- Work closely with company management, project management and
clients to provide financial insight and reporting on the
performance of assigned projects.
- Ensure that the project fulfills all financial obligations in a
timely and economic manner in accordance with established policies
- Ability to coordinate accounting activities which includes
establishment of accounts and procedures, reporting and record
- Understand revenue recognition, project invoicing, journal
entry preparation and general accounting rules.
- Performs month-end closing activities.
- Process payroll, accounts payable and prepares accounts
receivable invoices to customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in business, accounting, finance or
related field or an equivalent combination of education and
- 3-5 years accounting experience.
- Must have demonstrated Knowledge of Generally Accepted
- Principles (GAAP), be able to interpret balance sheets and
profit/loss reports, and write and implement financial management
policies and procedures.
- Must be able to budget and forecast across multiple funding
streams and communicate the contract's financial position.
- Proficient computer skills and ability to use general office
- Must have excellent teamwork, communication and interpersonal
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work across all levels of management and staff.
ResCare offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time
employees including medical, dental, vision, paid time off,
disability, life, and tuition reimbursement. All employees age 21
and older are eligible to participate in the 401(k) retirement
About Workforce Services
Join us in transforming peoples' lives and their communities!
ResCare is a one-of-a-kind human services company offering services
for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, home
care for seniors, as well as education, vocational training, and
job placement for people of all ages and skill levels. Right now,
we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a
About this Line of Business
ResCare Workforce Services is the nation's leading and most
comprehensive provider of services and solutions designed to help
put people to work.
With more than 400 urban, suburban and rural ResCare-managed
operations throughout the nation, ResCare's team of more than 4,500
workforce professionals sets the industry's best practices,
assisting approximately 1 million job seekers a year, states and
state job boards and thousands of employers.
Within this business, Workforce Services offers a combination of
career center operations, Job Corps centers, business services and
family support functions, and is the largest for-profit collection
of workforce solutions in the U.S. Through the six elements of our
world-class service delivery model, our team of experts have an
enhanced ability to connect employers with qualified job
ResCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ResCare does not
discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race,
color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status,
gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or
participation in its programs, services and activities, or in
employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and
1205 W 18TH STREET, MERCED, CA 95340-4513 USA
Keywords: ResCare, Merced , Project Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Merced, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!