Senior Accountant or Assistant Controller
Company: Modern Air Mechanical
Posted on: March 11, 2020
Modern Air Mechanical is a mechanical contractor focusing on sheet
metal and HVAC/R contracting for commercial and industrial
customers. We are a non-union company that actively incorporates
public works projects into our focus on plan/spec. projects. We
have been in business for more than 30 years, and take great pride
in our reputation for quality craftsmanship and excellent customer
service. If you want to join a winning team, please contact us
We are seeking a Senior Accountant or Assistant Controller,
depending on experience level and education, to help with our
internal financial processes, including but not limited to the
following: A/R, A/P, P/R & GL, planning/budgeting, inventory
control and job costing. General Ledger, bank rec., and financial
statements experience required. This position is located in Merced,
CA and reports directly to the company's General Manager.
- Accurate and timely processing and auditing of A/R, A/P,
Inventory, job cost and Payroll.
- Accurate over site and control of GL
- Oversees and processes weekly payroll using web-based
- Reports payroll data for Worker's Compensation use.
- Works with HR to calculate/track employee health and retirement
- Integrates payroll information into job-costing software for
timely and accurate job cost reporting.
- Month-end financial reporting
- Work with independent CPA for reviewed financial reporting
- Assists with financial decisions by establishing, monitoring,
and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting,
interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and
summarizing information and trends.
- Prepares budgets; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating
financial data; recommending plans.
Skills And Qualifications
- College degree (accounting, business management) preferred
- Excellent computer skills including financial software and MS
- Good verbal and written communication
- Ability to prioritize workload and perform multiple tasks
- Adherance to GAAP
- Corporate finance
- Management of accounting processes
- Developing/tracking budget expenses
- Analyzing information
- Auditing skills
- Must be self-sufficient and motivated to work in a fast-paced
environment. Must be an eager team player and willing to coordinate
with multiple departments and their personnel.
Benefits & Other Position Highlights
- Compensation is DOE (depending on experience)
- Employee-owned company (ESOP)
- Life, health, dental & vision insurance offered
- Paid holiday, sick and vacation
- Retirement plans, including 401K/match
SALARY & BENEFITSIn addition to a competitive salary, we are an
employee-owned ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) company that
will allow you to share in the growth of the company. We also offer
medical, prescription, dental, vision, life, and 401K retirement
Keywords: Modern Air Mechanical, Merced , Senior Accountant or Assistant Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Merced, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!