Administrative Assistant and Accounts Payable
Company: Laird Manufacturing
Posted on: April 7, 2019
Administrative Assistant and Accounts Payable
Laird Manufacturing, is a leader in the agricultural cattle feeding
industry, seeking an Accounts Payable for its Corporate facility
located in Merced, California. The accounts payable clerk is
responsible for the payment of goods and services purchased by the
This role also serves as an auditor, ensuring that invoices are
accurate and that proper accounting procedures are followed for the
purchasing and payment of goods and services. This candidate should
have experience in maintaining a database of financial information
and be able to recognize and solve any problems that may arise.
Accounts Payable will provide administrative support to the
Accounting department and/or Management. Duties include general
clerical, receptionist and project-based work. The candidate should
project a professional company image through in-person and phone
Administrative Essential Responsibilities:
- Type and word-process various documents and electronic
- Manage, organize, and update relevant data using database
- Communicate and provide information by relevant methods
internally and externally to assist and enable organizational
operations and effective service to connecting groups.
- Research and investigate information to enable strategic
decision-making by others.
- Arrange and participate in meetings, conferences, and project
- Adhere to stated policies and procedures relating to health and
safety, and quality management.
- Adhere to procedures relating to the proper use and care of
equipment and materials for which the role has responsibility.
- Answer a high volume of calls and maintain a rapid response
rate according to agreed standards.
- File data and perform other routine clerical tasks as assigned
and for other departments as needed.
- Order and maintain relevant office supplies for effectiveness
of personal duties.
- Operate a variety of standard office machines, including a
personal computer and a variety of computer software (QuickBooks),
phone, fax, calculator, shredding machine and photocopy
- Communicate and liaise verbally and in writing between
customers/suppliers/visitors/enquirers and relevant staff, and
interpret and respond clearly and effectively to spoken requests
over the phone or in person, and to verbal or written
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with
co-workers, supervisors and the general public.
- Perform reception duties in an efficient, professional and
- Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance,
punctuality, personal appearance, and adherence to relevant health
& safety procedures.
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary
for the effective performance of the role.
- Other duties as assigned.
Accounts Payable Essential Responsibilities:
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation needed
(packing slips/proof of delivery form) and approval prior to
- Reconciles accounts by verifying entries and comparing system
reports to balances.
- Process discount opportunities on time; scheduling and
preparing checks; resolve any in discrepancies, or payment
discrepancies; insure credit is received for outstanding credit
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and
- Monitor all vendor payment agreements to find discounts that
can be used to reduce invoice amounts.
- Print and obtain signatures on all accounts payable checks.
- Distribute signed checks as required.
- Answers all vendor inquiries.
- Maintain all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets and
accounts payable files.
- Communicate to Management of any invoices placed on hold,
failed to receive, or past due.
- Ensure all payments are paid on time.
- Assists accounting and purchasing department as necessary.
- Protects Company's information by keeping information
- Provide office orientation for new employees.
- Setup accommodation and entertainment arrangements for company
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is
normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Proficient working with QuickBooks (3 years required).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office/Excel and telephone protocol.
- Duties require professional verbal and written communication
skills and the ability to type 50 wpm.
- This is normally acquired through one to three years of
- Accounting experience ( 1 -2 years required)
- Strong understanding of General Ledger system and Accounts
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
Laird Mfg. offers competitive compensation package including
benefits, 401(k), vacation, sick pay, growth potential, and a
challenging and exciting work environment.
Laird Mfg. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Laird Manufacturing, Merced , Administrative Assistant and Accounts Payable, Administration, Clerical , Merced, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!