Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Company: Caglia Environmental
Posted on: January 9, 2022
POSITION: Heavy Equipment MechanicLOCATION: Chowchilla,
CAREPORTS TO: Maintenance Manager
COMPANY OVERVIEW:Caglia Environmental is part of the Caglia Family
Companies. Located in Fresno, Visalia and Chowchilla, CA. We employ
over 250 employees among the five companies. We are a diverse group
of companies, from Electric Motor Repair, Electrical Distribution
and Construction, to Landfill Management to Recycling to Waste and
- Help maintain Heavy Equipment & OTR Truck fleet. Insure that
equipment meets all safety and regulatory requirements before
releasing into service. Help with all daily fleet maintenance
activities, and all other assigned duties.PRINCIPAL DUTIES &
- Works with Shop Manager and Lead man to determine daily
- Performs daily routine and repair maintenance on heavy landfill
equipment, garbage collection vehicles, and satellite collection
- Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly parts and
- Communicates repair issues with Shop Manager and/or Lead man in
a timely manner.
- Complies with all maintenance and facility rules, regulations,
- Reports any unsafe working conditions and/or practices.
- Ensures work areas and equipment are kept neat, clean, and
orderly each day.
- Attends all safety training and meetings as required for all
shop and facility employees.
- Able to complete and submit all required daily
reporting/paperwork to management in a timely manner.
- Performs general maintenance of company buildings and
- All other special projects, implementations, and tasks as
- Set high work standards and motivate others
- Ability to communicate with management
- Focus on safety, quality, timely repairs, and attention to
- Use of technical and professional knowledge and acquired
skillsREQUIRED AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, EDUCATION AND
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 3-years related maintenance experience
- Class A or B Commercial Drivers License with clean driving
- Current Medical Card
- Ability to pass a random drug screen
- Ability to read and write English
- ASE Certifications a plus
- California Brake Inspector certified a plus
- 3-5 years hydraulic experience
- 3-5 years MIG and or stick welding experience
Keywords: Caglia Environmental, Merced , Heavy Equipment Mechanic, Engineering , Chowchilla, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!