Location: Los Banos
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Boiler Mechanic needed in Los Banos, CA!This Jobot Job is hosted
by: Sam MaldonadoAre you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the
"Apply" button and sending us your resume.Salary: $27 - $31 per
hourA bit about us:We continue to be recognized as a leader in
commercial food manufacturing.We have large successful plants and
are actively hiring for this position!Why join us?Full Time and
Permanent Employment Paid Holidays
- Health, vision, dental, FSA and life insurance benefit
- Paid Vacation and Sick timeJob Details
- Cleans boilers and auxiliary equipment.
- Inspects and repairs boiler fittings such as safety valves,
regulators, automatic control mechanisms, andwater columns, and
auxiliary machines such as pumps, draft fans, stokers, and burners.
- Repairs or replaces high pressure piping not including power
- Performs water pressure test by pumping water into system to
determine location of leaks.
- Performs all tasks of a mechanical nature necessary to test,
calibrate, set-up, adjust, repair, overhaul,maintain, assemble or
install all types of tasks assigned to the complete running of the
boiler and steamsystem, including the de-aerator, softeners, and
brine tank. Is skilled in the light overhaul, operation,repair, and
maintenance of all types of pumps, and all other general mechanical
- Obtains a working knowledge of motor generators, and diesel
engines used as back-up sources for theboilers.
- Understands and can explain the principles of combustion for
different boiler fuels.
- Obtains a working knowledge of boiler controls to maintain
plant steam pressure and to maintain efficientboiler performance.
- Shall be able to explain the function and operation of all
controls on the boilers, and the de-aerator system.He shall be able
to light off the boilers, blow down the boilers, and shut down the
boilers in a safe manner.Shall be familiar with the rules in the
Boiler Operation Manual regarding Attendance on the Boilers.
- Shall know all possible methods of feeding water to the boilers
and shall know what will happen if thewater was permitted below the
lowest permissible operating level or what would happen if the
water wascarried too high.
- Obtains a working knowledge in proper procedures for the hydro
testing of boilers and steam lines, and inthe proper procedures for
laying up boilers wet or dry.
- Obtains a working knowledge of installation and repair of
threaded pipe, flanges, and valves (air ormanual).
- Understands how to administer tests for steam and water
- Responsible for the backwash and regeneration of water
- Must be familiar with OSHA, PART 1910, SUBPART M: COMPRESSED
AIREQUIPMENT, and all applicable state codes and laws.
- Be familiar with all welding techniques to facilitate boiler
repair and associatedequipment systems.Interested in hearing more?
Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button.
Keywords: Jobot, Merced , Boiler Mechanic, Engineering , Los Banos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!