Vice President Of Distribution
Company: Staffing Network LLC
Posted on: March 10, 2020
Staffing Network/QPA is currently looking for a VP of
Distribution for our customer located in Merced, CA. This is a
direct hire opportunity. Please see the job information and
requirements below. JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Planning,
management and execution of all distribution related functions to
achieve goals consistent with division profitability, and at the
same time, providing excellent service to McLane customers and
teammates. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have
the ability to:
- Recommend distribution operating budget along with capital
- Effectively administer, monitor, control & develop the system &
policies necessary to achieve effective distribution expense
- Accountable for compliance with Federal, State, and local
regulations governing our Distribution Centers and Transportation
Departments by monitoring implementation and practice to ensure
- Maintain safe/secure environment for teammates. Adherence to
safety programs, procedures, and policies.
- Provides distribution teammates with training required to
complete their job along with cross-training those who may have
career advancement material quality.
- Maintain good and effective employee morale and
- Responsible for total inventory management by ensuring the
compliance of receiving and inventory control procedures.
- Develop/recommend alterations to procedures and Best Practices
- Participate in group projects, operation and staff meetings &
other similar activities.
- Responsible to ensure productive Distribution Center and
Transportation Department by continually monitoring key indicators
are achieving desired productivity goals to ensure company's
overall profits. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS: A
teammate in this position must:
- Have a Bachelor's degree in Business or a related field.
- Have a minimum of 10 years' experience in all facets of
outbound and inbound warehousing and transportation, preferably in
the grocery or food service industry.
- Be skilled on Excel, Microsoft Word and Access and Power Point
- Be experienced in managing large warehouse and transportation
staffs with a background in hiring, training, motivating and
resolving employee relations issues.
- Have the ability to write reports, business correspondence,
Best Practice, intra-company memos and outside correspondence.
- Have a minimum of 4 years planning, analytical and/or reporting
experience, preferably in positions of increasing
- Be able to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals and technical procedures.
- Possess detailed understanding of financial statements and
resulting cost implications.
- Have the ability to identify financial issues and provide
- Have the ability to effectively present information and respond
to questions from groups of managers, customers, vendors and
- Be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and
draw valid conclusions.
- Have the necessary skills to interpret an extensive variety of
instructions with several variables, both abstract and
- Possess strong analytical and communication skills with a
proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- The work conditions for this position include both office and
- The environment encompasses all areas of a Distribution Center
and Transportation Shop.
- This position requires the teammate to work inside the majority
of the time.
- This position may require working in hot and cold temperature
extremes, exposure to dust, dirt, fumes, noise, potentially harmful
chemicals, solvents and components, and working in close to
proximity to other teammates.
Keywords: Staffing Network LLC, Merced , Vice President Of Distribution, Executive , Merced, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!