Nurse Shift Manager - Perioperative Services
Company: Mercy Medical Center
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Overview: Mercy Medical Center (MMC), a Dignity Health member,
is a 186 bed acute care, religious sponsored, not-for-profit
hospital located in the city of Merced, California. MMC opened on
May 2, 2010 and employs over 1,300 people, making it one of the
largest employees in Merced County. MMC has a professional
relationship with more than 250 local physicians. Major programs
and services include: one licensed acute care facility with a
family birthing center, intensive care unit, emergency care and
four floors housing, telemetry and medical/surgical nursing units.
There are three outpatient facilities, Mercy UC Davis Cancer
Center, Mercy Outpatient Center and the Mercy Medical Pavilion.
Services at these outpatient centers include home care, physical
and cardiac rehabilitation, ambulatory surgery, cancer care,
laboratory, imaging and endoscopy. MMC primary service area
includes the cities of Merced, Atwater, Winton and the County of
Plans the overall nursing care and functions in a particular
nursing unit during an assigned shift. Supervises nursing staff
assigned to a particular shift. Assigns patients to available
nursing staff, taking into consideration the patient's condition
and the employee's skill level. Anticipates staffing needs and
moves proactively to respond to them. Oversees stocking of supplies
and updating patient records to ensure that the nursing floor is
ready for subsequent shifts.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
- Supervises nursing staff assigned to a particular shift.
- Assigns patients to available nursing staff, taking into
consideration the patient's condition and the employee's skill
- Assesses, monitors, and educates the nursing staff on patient
- Institutes emergency procedures as necessary.
- Anticipates staffing needs and moves proactively to respond to
Oversees stocking of supplies and updating patient records to
ensure that the nursing floor is ready for subsequent shifts.
- Current California Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (e.g., ADN)
- Other credentials or credential modules may be required
- Minimum of two (2) years of clinical experience as a Registered
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through the
American Heart Association (AHA) Associated topics: bsn, care, care
unit, coronary, intensive, intensive care, neonatal, surgery, tcu,
Keywords: Mercy Medical Center, Merced , Nurse Shift Manager - Perioperative Services, Executive , Merced, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!