Supervising Case Manager
Company: Geo Reentry Services
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Facility:--RS MERCED CA DRCCompensation Base:--Compensation
Bonus (if applicable):--Equal Opportunity Employer.Summary
- This position provides overall supervision of Case Managers at
- This role works onsite at the jail reentry program in
Merced.Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, directs, and manages the duties in the case management
- Responsible for the record maintenance, receiving and discharge
operations of the facility.
- Develops inmate goals and responsibilities.
- Establishes and monitors inmate programs and work details and
ensures all details are fully staffed by inmates.
- Reviews and monitors correspondence from members of political
groups such as the judiciary, Congress, Senate, and other
representatives, and prepares necessary responses.
- Assists in training staff regarding inmate management.
- Coordinates and controls the inmate payroll system.
- Prepares reports for presentation to the U.S. Parole
- Gathers information from various staff regarding inmates---
progress, adjustments, program participation, work reports,
disciplinary actions, etc.
- Conducts intake screening and orientation programs to gather
pertinent information and to advise inmates of required policies
- Participates in the planning of overall institution programs
and inmate activities.
- Formulates and maintains departmental budget.
- Performs staff duty officer functions as required.
- Must be knowledgeable and proficient in basic principles of
inmate case management and developing inmate goals and
responsibilities during the incarceration period.
- Advise inmates in areas regarding their sentences, prerelease
planning, parole eligibility and hearings, and overall institution
adjustment and activities.
- Initiates, responds and writes correspondence to various law
enforcement agencies, judicial systems and various other
- Provides liaison between the facility and contracting agency in
matters pertaining to inmate case-management areas.
- Must be aware of various manuals and guidelines used by the
- Advises management staff in areas of inmate management problems
and other areas of concern.
- Assists in the intake screening on all new arrivals.
- Supervises staff in the maintenance of inmate central files and
preparation of proper forms and documents.
- Performs periodic audits of Case Management procedures.
- Trains Case Managers and other staff in areas of
- Performs other duties as assigned.--Job Requirements:Minimum
- Bachelor---s degree in a related field.
- Two (2) years of experience in case management either through a
correctional facility or in the social services field.
- Good knowledge of general office practices and procedures,
including budget preparation and control.
- Must have knowledge of proper correctional philosophy and
policy to assist the staff in all aspects of case/inmate
- Must be knowledgeable in the basic principles of inmate case
- Must be knowledgeable of general business practices and
procedures with knowledge of principles, practices and methods used
in case management.
- Ability to speak, understand and write clearly.
- Ability to deal effectively with the public, subordinates, and
- Ability to develop and implement new practices, policies and
- Ability to represent management when dealing with inmates.
- Ability to develop new practices and procedures.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software
typically used by the department.
Keywords: Geo Reentry Services, Merced , Supervising Case Manager, Executive , Merced, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!