Hot End Manager - Fiberglass Manufacturing
Company: Saint-Gobain Corporation
Posted on: September 15, 2022
Why work for us?
At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an
organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust,
Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and
inclusion in all its forms while our products make the world a more
beautiful, safer, and sustainable home.
What's the job?
This position will manage the process engineering activities of the
plant with emphasis on the batch, binder, furnace and fiberizing
This position will interact with similar jobs within the
CertainTeed Insulation Group working towards achieving the optimum
performance of these areas the plant.
* Manage all activities of the Hot End operations of the plant
including batch, binder, furnace and fiberizing.
* Manage the duties and responsibilities of the assigned process
engineers including goal setting and developing methods for
measuring performance against those goals.
* Develop and implement action plans for process control and long
term programs for continuous process improvement including
responsibility for the training of all process personnel.
* Interact with other plants as well as corporate engineering to
develop control methods which will support production efforts.
This position has to be fluent in problem solving techniques which
directs a professional cadre of engineers. This position also must
have its organization maintain known process conditions which
affect quality and quantity of products as well as the longevity of
the equipment. The incumbent must also be able to make independent
decisions which impact the plant's ability to operate profitably.
This includes holding all employees accountable for their job
What do you bring?
* A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, preferably in Ceramic
Engineering or Chemical Engineering.
* A minimum of 5-7 years in glass making manufacturing process
engineering is required.
* Strong PC skills and knowledge of software applications is
The position requires excellent communication skills, both written
and oral. Sound management principles are also demanded.
* Occasional travel is required.
* This position is always on call with the continuous process
What are our perks?
We provide unique options to fit your unique lives! Our Total
Rewards Program is customizable to accommodate your needs. Our menu
of flexible options includes, but is not limited to:
* Excellent healthcare options: Medical, vision, prescription &
* Family Focus & Balance: Parental leave, paid time-off and
Employee Assistance Program
* Financial Security: Competitive 401(k), Company-funded Retirement
Accumulation Plan and Employee Stock Purchase Program (PEG)
* Tuition Reimbursement: Continuing education for every season of
* Pet Insurance options: Insurance plan & prescription discount
program for your furry friends
* Employee Recognition Programs
* PerkSpot: Our exclusive one-stop online discount marketplace
* LiveWell: Rewarding you for living a healthy lifestyle
Why work for us?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable
building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern,
Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for
more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing
Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain,
Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today,
CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and
interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence,
decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world's largest and oldest
building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300
employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the
United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic
information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered
veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local
laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals
with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.
Keywords: Saint-Gobain Corporation, Merced , Hot End Manager - Fiberglass Manufacturing, Executive , Chowchilla, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!