Corporate Accounting Manager (Relocation to Rapid City)
Company: Black Hills Energy
Posted on: July 4, 2019
Job SpecificationsWe are seeking a positive and motivated Corporate
Accounting Manager to join our growing energy and utility
organization. If you are a strong people leader and trainer, this
is the job for you! --As the Corporate Accounting --Manager, you
are responsible for accurate and timely accounting, analysis, and
reporting of Black Hills Corporation---s financial information. You
will also be responsible for all aspects of the Company---s
corporate accounting including ensuring compliance with Generally
Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Federal Energy Regulatory
Commission (FERC) rules and regulations, specific jurisdictional
regulatory requirements, and Sarbanes-Oxley.LOCATION:---- Rapid
- A Comprehensive Relocation Plan is offered for this position!
Our benefits include but are not limited to: home finding trip,
transportation of household goods, temporary housing expenses,
destination apartment search assistance, paid time off to move,
transition and spousal career support, home finder and purchase
assistance, relocation adjustment allowance, destination new
purchase closing costs. Depending on individual circumstances, our
benefit may also include trips home during temporary housing,
renter---s lease cancellation assistance, or home marketing and
sale closing cost assistance and/or purchase closing cost
assistance. Contents of our relocation program are subject to
change and may vary based on position.SALARY RANGE:-------- $73,350
- $95,340 (Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and
abilities of the applicant.)CLOSING DATE:------ This position will
remain open until filled.REPORTING RELATIONSHIP:-------- Manager
Finance II, Corporate AccountingESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Partner with the Corporate Accounting Sr Manager to lead and
oversee the Corporate Accounting Department.
- Provide vision and leadership to ensure the accurate and timely
accounting for all of the Company---s transactions.
- Develop a competent, effective and motivated accounting team.
Direct and coach to deliver against accountabilities.
- Direct the development, improvement, implementation, and
maintenance of processes to ensure accurate and timely accounting
and analysis of accounting information.
- Drive process improvements through identifying and leveraging
industry best practices across the organization.
- Serve as subject matter expert in all areas of corporate
- Oversee the monthly close process including consolidation,
financial statement analysis, and review of account reconciliations
and review of journal entries.
- Ensure accounting policies and procedures are evolving
- Play an integral role in cross-functional teams on data
requests to support Company regulatory initiatives.
- Maintain solid understanding of state specific requirements
related to regulatory assets and liabilities.
- Ensure complete, accurate, and timely reporting to company
- Partner with teams in finance and accounting to provide timely
support and accurate financial statements.
- Be a strategic partner to the Regulatory Department to assist
with planning, analysis, and rate review support.
- Ensure appropriate internal controls are in place, documented
and operating effectively to maintain strong internal controls over
financial reporting in accordance and in compliance with
- Provide ongoing current GAAP and FERC knowledge with respect to
new standards and emerging issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must have strong supervisory skills, as this position requires
the individual to delegate, monitor, and review assignments as well
as coach staff to higher levels of performance.--
- Provide for the effective selection, development, and
performance management of your team. --QUALIFICATIONS:
- Five (5) plus years of accounting/financial and business
- A solid understanding of internal controls over financial
reporting is required.
- Supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance or related discipline
- A thorough knowledge of GAAP, including business and accounting
methods and procedures.
- A strong understanding of internal controls.
- A working understanding of FERC accounting, utility operations
and a basic understanding of regulatory/ratemaking processes and
methods is preferred.
- Proficiency in automated accounting
- Ability to direct department and prioritize projects and work
consistent with Company goals.
- Ability to apply strong attention to detail while understanding
and considering the big picture.
- Solid organizational skills and ability to balance multiple
priorities in a dynamic environment
- Ability to drive process improvements.
- Strong oral and written skills, ability to communicate
difficult accounting topics to various levels.
- Ability to drive effective decisions through use of GAAP, FERC
and other accounting research.
- Ability to perform accounting duties of an above average
- Strong computer and analytical skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of business
- Ability to work effectively as a team
- CPA, MPA, CMA or MBA preferred.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Applicant must be able to perform the essential job functions
of the position with or without accommodation.About our Company: We
are a customer focused, growth-oriented utility company that is
devoted to our communities. We have a mission to improve life with
energy and a vision to be the energy partner of choice. Our diverse
culture sparks unique perspectives, opening doors to new ideas and
possibilities. Based in Rapid City, South Dakota, we have over 2800
employees and serve 1.2 million natural gas and electric utility
customers across eight states (South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming,
Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Arkansas).Enjoy our
Comprehensive Benefits Package: annual incentive program, 401(k)
(6% company match and up to 9% company retirement contribution),
tuition reimbursement, paid time off, additional Veteran PTO,
military leave differential pay, paid holidays and annual floating
holidays, company paid short term and long term disability, paid
maternity and paternity benefits, health and wellness program, and
competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.The information
contained in this position description describes the general nature
and level of work being performed in this job.-- This description
is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities,
duties, and requirements for employees in this position.-- The
incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and
efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety
regulations.-- This job description is not intended to constitute
an offer or contract of employment.---- Job descriptions may and do
change periodically.Black Hills Energy does not sponsor applicants
for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work
in the US.We are an EEO Employer.
Keywords: Black Hills Energy, Merced , Corporate Accounting Manager (Relocation to Rapid City), Executive , Merced, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!