Company: Mercy Medical Center
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Overview: Mercy Medical Center (MMC), a Dignity Health member,
is a 186 bed acute care, religious sponsored, not-for-profit
hospital located in the city of Merced, California. MMC opened on
May 2, 2010 and employs over 1,300 people, making it one of the
largest employers in Merced County. MMC has a professional
relationship with more than 250 local physicians. Major programs
and services include: one licensed acute care facility with a
family birthing center, intensive care unit, emergency care and
four floors housing, telemetry and medical/surgical nursing units.
There are three outpatient facilities, Mercy UC Davis Cancer
Center, Mercy Outpatient Center and the Mercy Medical Pavilion.
Services at these outpatient centers include home care, physical
and cardiac rehabilitation, ambulatory surgery, cancer care,
laboratory, imaging and endoscopy. MMC primary service area
includes the cities of Merced, Atwater, Winton and the County of
Responsibilities Consistent with scope of licensure, parameters of
the California Nurse Practice Act, and Mercy Medical Center Merced
(MMCM) policy and procedure, renders direct and indirect nursing
care to assigned patient populations.
- Coordinates care of Perioperative patient within surgical
services, with physicians and their offices and involved hospital
- Establishes and implements an individualized, problem oriented
plan of nursing care, and evaluates the effectiveness of care
- Provides immediate direction to other members of the
perioperative care team to assure the appropriate provision of
- Patient age populations served, and the specific competencies
that comprise this job title may vary among nursing units. These
specifics are found in the "Department / Unit Orientation & Initial
Assessment of Competency" checklists for this unit/position, and
-by reference - form a part of this job description.
- Must possess and maintain a current Registered Nurse license
issued by the State of California.
- Must possess and maintain a current Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Must possess and maintain a current Advanced Cardiac Life
Support Certificate (ACLS)
- Must possess and maintain a current Pediatrics Advanced Life
Support Certificate (PALS) within three (3) months of hire.
- Must be able to take call shifts as required by departmental
- Clnical experience in PACU, Operating Room, ICU, Emergency
- Conscious Sedation experience preferred.
- Possess and maintain a current nursing certification such as
Certified Nurse-Operating Room (CNOR) , Certified Peri-anesthesia
Nurse (CPAN), Certified Ambulatory Peri-anesthesia Nurse (CAPA),
Certified Critical Care Nurse (CCRN), Certification from the
Society of Gastroenterology Nurses Association (SGNA)
Associated topics: ambulatory, care, ccu, coronary, domiciliary,
intensive, neonatal, nurse rn, psychiatric, transitional
Keywords: Mercy Medical Center, Merced , RN Endoscopy, Healthcare , Merced, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!