Laboratory Technician in Training - Atwater, CA
Company: Veolia North America
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Under Supervision Performs specialized and complex chemical,
bacteriological, and physical analysis relating to the Wastewater
Treatment Plant and associated facilities. - While performing the
duties of this job, the employee regularly works in indoor and
outdoor conditions. The employee is exposed to chemicals, fumes,
and odors; occasionally works at heights, and works with and around
machinery having moving parts. The employee occasionally works in
evenings or on weekends. The noise level in the work environment is
usually minimal and occasionally moderate to high.
- Collects samples of wastewater and wastewater residuals.
Performs chemical, bacteriological, and physical analysis of
samples. - Analysis include: BOD, TS, TSS, TVSS, TDS, pH,
Electrical Conductance, Chlorine Residual, Temperature, Dissolved
Oxygen, Alkalinity, Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, and Total Coliform
MPN. - -
- Assists in analyzing and recording instrument readings and
laboratory test results in order to maintain and adjust various
- Maintains plant laboratory records bench sheets, calibration
logs, and daily logs
- Prepares data log sheets for entry and enters data into HACH
- Participates in process control meetings.
- Performs routine maintenance tasks, custodial duties and
- Evaluates and interprets test results. - Alerts supervisory
personnel of any unusual or possible critical situations that may
upset or alter normal treatment facility operations.
- Works assigned work schedule as required performing job
- Comply with all Veolia Water Safety and Environmental
Compliance Policies and Programs.
- Performs all other work as required. FUNCTIONAL ASSIGNMENTS:
- Ensures that supervisory personnel are kept informed of all day
- to - day operations.
- Must be able to work assigned shifts and may be called to be
available "on - call" for after hour's emergencies at the
Wastewater Treatment Plant.
- Maintains a high degree of accuracy and efficiency in all
laboratory analysis and reporting.
- Meets productivity goals and objectives as set by the
Laboratory Supervisor and/or Project Manager.
- Maintains productivity goals and objectives at a high level of
- Ensures that all monitoring requirements of all local, state,
and federal permits are satisfied. QualificationsMINIMUM
- High School graduate or equivalent. -
- Must demonstrate an understanding of chemistry and
- Preferred to have either college or specialized study in
laboratory analysis of water and wastewater and related
- Ability to use and interpret results of complex
- California Water Environment Association Grade I Laboratory
Certification or the ability to obtain certification within
- A valid California Driver's License. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status.All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Veolia North America, Merced , Laboratory Technician in Training - Atwater, CA, Healthcare , Atwater, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!