Radiologic Technologist II, Cath Lab
Company: Sutter Health
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Organization:MMC-Memorial Medical CenterPosition Overview:
-Follows clearly defined procedures to provide support to
cardiologists and registered nurses for the execution and technical
analysis of procedures performed in the Cardiac Catheter Lab.
Integrates education, technical competence and patient interaction
skills to execute safe and precise treatment under the supervision
of a Cardiologist. Gains confidence and cooperation from the
patient, their family/support group, and other healthcare providers
through competent patient assessment, attentive monitoring, and
effective communication. Adheres to all local/state/federal
regulations, codes, policies and procedures to ensure privacy and
safety to help deliver optimal patient care. May be responsible for
mentoring and training students.Job Description:EDUCATION
- Equivalent experience will be accepted in lieu of the required
degree or diploma.
- Other: Graduate of Cardiovascular Technologist program
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
- BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider or ACLS-Advanced
Cardiac Life Support
- CRT-Certified Radiologic Technologist or RHF-Radiology
Fluoroscopy or ARRT - Radiography - American Register of Radiologic
Technologists or RCIS-Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist
or CVT-Certified Cardiovascular Technician CCT-Certified Cardiology
Technician RVT-Registered Vascular Technologist
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AS TYPICALLY ACQUIRED IN:
- 2 years of clinical and practical experience as typically
acquired in a Cardiac Care environment or Catheterization Lab.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- In-depth knowledge of cardiac catheterization testing,
mechanics and equipment.
- Ability to interpret a variety of data and instructions,
furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- In-depth understanding of human anatomy, physiology, pathology,
and medical terminology.
- Possess written and verbal communications skills to explain
sensitive information clearly and professionally to diverse
audiences, including non-medical people.
- Well-developed time management and organizational skills,
including the ability to prioritize assignments and work within
standardized operating procedures and scientific methods to achieve
objectives and meet deadline
- General knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft
Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook) as well as picture archiving
and communication system (PACS) and Muse and MARS software.
- Prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies,
procedures, and scientific methods to achieve objectives and meet
- Work independently, as well as be part of the team, including
accomplishing multiple tasks in an environment with
- Identify, evaluate and resolve standard problems by selecting
appropriate solutions from established options.
- Build collaborative relationships with peers and other
healthcare providers to achieve departmental and corporate
- Function effectively and perform this position in an emergency
situation.Job Shift:DaysSchedule:Full TimeShift Hours:10Days of the
Week:VariableWeekend Requirements:Once a
MonthBenefits:YesUnions:NoPosition Status: Non-ExemptWeekly
Hours:40Employee Status:RegularNumber of Openings:2This position
may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport,
dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or
potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational
Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.Sutter Health
Affiliates are equal opportunity employers
EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.Schedule/Shift: Regular/ Days
Keywords: Sutter Health, Merced , Radiologic Technologist II, Cath Lab, Healthcare , Stevinson, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!