Company: Mercy Medical Center Merced
Posted on: March 17, 2019
Mercy Medical Center (MMC), a Dignity Health member, is a 186 bed acute care, religious sponsored, not-for-profit hospital located in the city of Merced, California. MMC opened on May 2, 2010 and employs over 1,300 people, making it one of the largest employees in Merced County. MMC has a professional relationship with more than 250 local physicians.
Major programs and services include: one licensed acute care facility with a family birthing center, intensive care unit, emergency care and four floors housing, telemetry and medical/surgical nursing units.
There are three outpatient facilities, Mercy UC Davis Cancer Center, Mercy Outpatient Center and the Mercy Medical Pavilion. Services at these outpatient centers include home care, physical and cardiac rehabilitation, ambulatory surgery, cancer care, laboratory, imaging and endoscopy. MMC primary service area includes the cities of Merced, Atwater, Winton and the County of Merced.
- Operates diagnostic imaging equipment to produce clinical diagnostic x-ray images.
- Performs diagnostic radiologic procedures on neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
- Ensures images are delivered to PACS in proper sequence, position, along with all required documents.
- Performs daily room checks at end of shift and signs check list, prepares room, equipment, supplies and contrast media as needed.
- Directly assists the physician in the performance of procedures.
- Positions and communicates instructions to patients before and during procedures.
- Ensures the clinical history is appropriate for the exam that is ordered.
- Ensures patient safety through appropriate monitoring during the procedures.
- Must possess and maintain a current California radiography certificate (CRT) and national registry certificate (ARRT).
- Must possess and maintain a current Fluoroscopy certification within six months of hire.
- Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support certificate (BLS).
- Will be required to take call. Will be required to work weekends on a rotational basis.
Keywords: Mercy Medical Center Merced, Merced , Radiology Technologist, Healthcare , Merced, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!