Company: McLane Company
Posted on: January 7, 2022
JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION: - This position is
responsible for representing McLane Company and its vendors with
the proper implementation of plan-o-grams (POG), custom
gondola/category resets and new item placement. - It is also
responsible to build promotional/rack displays to achieve maximum
sales in McLane customers' retail outlets. - ESSENTIAL JOB
FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Other duties may be
assigned. - A teammate in this position must have the ability
- Read a schematic/POG and reset a category to reflect it.
- Maintain schematic integrity while adapting current retailer's
item assortment for custom sets.
- Build and move displays/gondola shelving and/or products to
establish best location/store foot-print for sales on all company
- Merchandise and maintain company products to comply with McLane
- Lead and monitor team of four teammates/3rd party individuals
for chain resets.
- Educate/assist /inform retailers of product issues, marketing
objectives and programs.
- Up-sell /monitor retail distribution of all
headquartered-authorized products for all stores as needed and as
store situation dictates.
- Remove and credit all out-of-code and/or substandard product
from shelves per the distribution service agreement.
- Rotate and stock products.
- Execute/maintain/monitor all company-driven marketing
initiatives and programs as applicable.
- Order fill product via Smart Hand Held or Telxon.
- Manage supply budget and on-site delivery of all materials,
supplies and equipment necessary for the assigned reset, per sales
request and "Best Practices".
- Effectively and accurately receive and report projects through
a web based application on a daily/weekly basis.
- Comply effectively with company work and safety rules.
- Continually meet assigned production standards.
- Maintain a quality of work that limits mispicks, shorts and
- Follow directions.
- Work independently and in a team environment.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule to meet the needs of McLane
and specific customers; work schedules may include working early
mornings and overnight shifts in order to meet customer
- Stand, walk, bend, stoop, push, pull, grasp and reach above the
head for extended periods of time. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND
REQUIREMENTS: A teammate in this position must:
- Have a High School Diploma or a GED.
- Have 2 years grocery/convenience retail merchandising
- Internal candidates should have a minimum experience in McLane
Company of not less than 2 years.
- Be a self-starter, detail-oriented and able to work
- Possess planning, organizing and effective communication
- Possess creativity, flexibility and problem solving
- Be able to travel overnight including weekends.
- Be well versed on all aspects of the industry.
- Be skilled on computers and Excel, Microsoft Word and
PowerPoint PC programs.
- Be able to work with and communicate with many different
reporting level groups, to include McLane customers (store
managers), Drivers, customer service, and peers.
- Be 18 years or older.
- Be able to read small font.
- Be able to operate a calculator, fax machine, telephone, laptop
computer, box-cutter, copier, hammer, wire-cutter, screwdriver,
wrench and hand truck.
- Have a valid driver's license and a good driving record. -
- Must be able to lift, carry, lower totes up to 30 lbs. WORKING
- The work conditions are primarily in a retail setting of a
customer store, vehicle, or occasionally in an office environment.
Candidates may be subject to a background check and drug screen, in
accordance with applicable laws. McLane Company, Inc. is committed
to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. -We are proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to
race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic
information, or any other characteristic protected by local, state
or federal law.
Keywords: McLane Company, Merced , Specialist, Reset, Hospitality & Tourism , Merced, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!