Deputy District Attorney I/II/III/IV - Extra-Help Deputy District Attorney I/II/III/IV
Company: County of Merced
Posted on: September 17, 2022
Examples of Duties
This recruitment is being established to obtain a current eligible
list for both full time and Extra-Help vacancies. Extra-Help are
not entitled to county benefits and are limited to a maximum of 25
hours per week.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
* Receives and reviews complaints filed in all types of cases.
* Examines the evidence, interrogates witnesses, and investigates
the scene of the crime.
* Determines if a crime has been committed, and whether the
evidence justifies prosecution.
* Conducts pleadings, arraignments, pretrial agreements, and other
aspects of trial work.
* Assigns investigators to secure evidence or makes personal
* Confers with the judge or defense attorney regarding modification
or withdrawal of charges.
* Selection of jurors, prosecution and dispositions of cases.
* Argues points of law, presents opening statements, final
arguments or summations.
* Prepares and reviews correspondence; dictates briefs and handles
* Advises the public and local law enforcement agencies on legal
One (1) year of experience in the practice of civil or criminal
Two (2) years of experience in the practice of civil or criminal
Two (2) years of experience as a Deputy District Attorney III with
Merced County OR four (4) years of experience in the practice of
Active membership in the State Bar of California.
* Operate a personal computer and other office equipment.
* Communicate effectively with others in person and over the
* Analyze data, interpret directions, procedures and regulations,
and develop appropriate responses.
* Perform job duties under stressful conditions.
* Respond appropriately to situations.
* Maintain confidential information in accordance with legal
standards and/or County regulations.
* Frequent use of depth perception, peripheral vision and color
* Frequently lift, carry, reach, push, pull, twist and manipulate
large and small objects.
* Frequent use of hand-eye coordination; Normal dexterity, frequent
holding and grasping.
* Occasionally lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
* Regular attendance is an essential function.
* Principles of criminal, constitutional, and administrative
* Judicial procedures and the rules of evidence.
* Penal code of the State of California.
* Legal procedures and documents, and trial procedures used in
* Principles, practices, methods, and materials of legal
* Perform legal research.
* Analyze and appraise a variety of legal documents and
* Prepare and present criminal cases at all levels of the court
* Investigate and prosecute criminal complaints.
* Research, analyze and apply legal principles, facts and
precedents to legal problems.
* Present law, facts, and arguments clearly and logically in
written and oral form.
* Establish and maintain effective working relationship with
Keywords: County of Merced, Merced , Deputy District Attorney I/II/III/IV - Extra-Help Deputy District Attorney I/II/III/IV, Legal , Merced, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!