Merced - Fixed Route Dispatcher
Company: FirstGroup plc
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Are you interested in becoming a FIXED ROUTE DISPATCHER?
Now is your chance! Get PAID to do what you love!
First Transit is looking for a Dispatcher in our Merced,
California location! Our dispatchers are an integral part of daily
operations. Dispatchers assure all routes are filled as assigned
and bus operators are provided with timely instructions and
responses to requests for operational information throughout the
day. This position also responds to customer and team inquiries. We
hire individuals who make safety and customer service their top
priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to
succeed, First Transit is looking for you!
That is exactly why our employees say this is the
"love-what-you-do" line of work!
Our Dispatchers Will Enjoy:
- $14 while training $15.50 after training
- Team-oriented Environment
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and
401(k) savings plan.
- Company training, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick
Our Dispatchers are responsible for:
- Review route performance and respond to customer inquiries and
- Sell bus passes
- Oversees road service assigned carriers by tracking trip
performance metrics and route efficiency
- Daily reports and clerical duties
- Direct calls internally
- Act as liaison between the carrier and emergency services.
To qualify as a Dispatcher, you'll need:
- 1 year of customer service, dispatch, or scheduling experience
- Dispatch experience including Americans with Disabilities Act
regulations for public transit operations; telephone and computer
- Excellent phone demeanor and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, judgment and problem-solving
- Must be able and willing to obtain a Commercial drivers'
license, including air brake and passenger endorsements, and a VTT
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus but not a
First Transit keeps people moving and communities prospering-
That's why we need amazing people like YOU to APPLY NOW!
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates
applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California,
FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Keywords: FirstGroup plc, Merced , Merced - Fixed Route Dispatcher, Other , Merced, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!