Seasonal Maintenance Intern
Company: E. & J. Gallo
Posted on: May 3, 2021
With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits
brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply
Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
Under general supervision engages in a variety of functions to
directly support maintenance mechanics at the Livingston Winery
during the Harvest Season.
Pay Rate: $19.90
You must be available to work the full Harvest which runs from
June - November.
- Supports maintenance mechanics with installing, repairing and
maintaining all equipment.
- Participates in ensuring the efficient operation of all
equipment related to LVW Processing Equipment.
- Works closely with mechanics to learn how to troubleshoot
winery equipment and to drive continuous improvement of equipment
operation control systems.
- Supports mechanics in identifying, procuring, and replacing
- Tests equipment for conformance to specifications prior to
- Helps in the rebuilding and fabricating parts.
- Works rotating shifts during the harvest season (1 month on
day, 1 month on swing, and 1 month on graveyard).
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable
quality, environmental and safety regulatory
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of
essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks
that may be assigned.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this
position now or in the future.
- High school diploma or State-issued equivalency
- Required to possess an Associate’s Degree or Certificate of
Achievement or be 1 month from receiving an Associate’s Degree or
Certificate of Achievement from one of the following
Trades/Programs or their equivalent from any California Junior
College or other state’s equivalent: Industrial Electronics,
Machine Tool Technology, Industrial Electrical Technician,
Mechanized Agriculture, Manufacturing Technology,
Mechatronics/Automated Systems Technology, Industrial Maintenance
Technology, Welding Technology, Diesel Equipment Technology.
- Required to be at least 18 years of age.
- Required to maintain 3-shift availability.
- Required to lift and carry 75lbs. up stair cases and ladders;
required to lift and move equipment weighing up to 100lbs.
- Required to climb ladders, work on building rooftops and crawl
or climb through tight spaces in attics, and basements.
- Skilled in reading, comprehending, interpreting and executing
simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Skilled in writing simple correspondence.
- Skilled in adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing using
- Knowledge of Industrial Electrical Technician and mechanized
- Experience working on mechanical equipment.
- Experience maintaining professionalism and working with all
functions and levels of an organization.
- Experience understanding and carrying out verbal and written
Requisition ID: 78862
Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative
Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,
traits historically associated with race, including but not limited
to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks,
and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion,
physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as
defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing
genetic characteristics in California), genetic information,
marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical
conditions, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender
status, sex stereotyping, age, military or veteran status, domestic
violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis
protected by applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal
histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Gallo is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for
candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability,
please let us know at 209.341.7000.
Keywords: E. & J. Gallo, Merced , Seasonal Maintenance Intern, Other , Livingston, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!