RN Labor & Delivery
Company: Mercy Medical Center Merced
Posted on: June 2, 2021
Mercy Medical Center, a Dignity Health member, has been building
a rich history of care in our community for more than 100 years. We
have grown from a small one-story wooden structure into a major
healthcare provider with a new 186-bed main campus, offering the
latest in facility design and technology. Mercy also operates
Outpatient Centers, a Cancer Center and several rural clinics.
Wherever you work throughout our system, you will find faces of
experience with dedication to high quality, personalized care.
Joining our 1,300 employees, 230 physicians and many volunteers,
you can help carry out our commitment to providing our community
with the excellence they have come to associate with Mercy Medical
Consistent with scope of licensure, parameters of the California
Nurse Practice Act, and Mercy Medical Center Merced (MMC) policy
and procedure, renders direct and indirect nursing care to assigned
- Assesses patients for nursing needs, establishes and implements
a problem oriented plan of nursing care, and evaluates the
effectiveness of care provided.
- Provides immediate direction to other members of the nursing
care team to assure the appropriate provision of nursing
- Must possess and maintain a current Registered Nurse (RN)
license with the state of California.
- Must possess and maintain a current Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Must possess and maintain a current Neonatal Resuscitation
(NRP) certificate or obtain one within six months of
- Must possess and maintain a current ACLS within 6 months of
- Must be able to take call, float to other areas, and work on
weekends as required.
- Experience Category:
Experienced Registered Nurse - Greater than one (1) year of
recent experience in Labor and Delivery
- Must possess and maintain a current National Certification
Corporation (NCC) certificate in Electronic Fetal Monitoring.
- Association of Womens Health Obstetric and neonatal Nurses
(AWHONN)-Intermediate Fetal Monitoring Certification within six
months of hire for RNs with qualifying experience and 18 months for
new grads. Due to department needs, if new grads cannot complete
L&D training within 18 months, they will be provided with an
additional extension. (Once new grad has completed L&D
training, they must complete NCC certification or AWHONN
Intermediate EFM course within 3 months). AWHONN Intermediate EFM
Certification must be renewed every 2 years.
Keywords: Mercy Medical Center Merced, Merced , RN Labor & Delivery, Other , MERCED, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!