Core Program Manager I
Posted on: June 7, 2021
What's Your Calling?
You can find a job or you can find your mission. We want you to
help us make a meaningful difference.
Aspiranet is a one-of-a-kind social service agency dedicated to
building a world where all children and youth are loved and cared
for, and all families have the resources to thrive. Founded in
1975, our core mission is to help California kids and families.
Aspiranet's services include foster resource family support,
residential care, adoption services, support for youth making the
transition from foster care to adulthood, mental health services,
intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources. We
provide services throughout the state.
Join Our Mission
Everyone who is part of Aspiranet is passionate about the
important work they do. You'll join a group of like-minded people
who care deeply about the children and families in our care.
Your Future Team
When you work for Aspiranet, you join a committed team whose
efforts positively affect children and families.
The Core Program Manager (CPM I) is responsible for hiring,
training, supervising and evaluating staff, inclusive of
performance management. The CPM I has oversight of the program(s)
budget and reports and interfaces with funder partners. The CPM I
is responsible for program(s) oversight, including quality
assurance and program compliance, including required documentation
to federal, state, and funder, and Agency standards. The CPM I is
also responsible for budgetary and strategic planning related to
the program(s) they oversee. CPM I is responsible for upholding and
supervising to the Agency's operational, financial, personnel and
practice rules, policies and procedures.
Your Skills and Duties
- Under the direction of the Core Program Director III (CPD III),
develop initial draft of core program budget and strategic
- Under the direction of the CPD III, manage core program to
operational, contractual, budgetary and practice standards.
- Under the direction of the CPD III, Manage Core Program to The
Joint Commission and agency safety, practice and policy
- Under the direction of the CPD III, manage the implementation
of the agency's Best Practice and Quality Assurance efforts
including compliance to data tracking systems and program specific
- Under the direction of the CPD III, operate program within
budgetary limits by completing required financial reporting in a
timely and comprehensive manner.
- Prepare and submit reports to funders/partners as per program
and Agency requirements.
- Accurately report incidents, grievances, complaints, issues and
concerns and the related documentation to the CPD III in a timely
- Be prepared for and attend regular supervision with CPD
- Serve as liaison with clients, partners, staff, funders and
communities entities (or other constituencies), for the program
- Under the direction of the CPD III, recruit, hire, orient,
supervise, and evaluate program staff.
- In programs with a volunteer focus, the Core Program Manager I
will assist in the recruitment, onboarding, training, matching,
supervision and administrative functions of volunteers in alignment
with program and funder expectations.
- In consultation with the CPD III, complete performance
management actions, inclusive of termination, as necessary.
- Provide on-going coordination and oversight of all program
services, requirements, and duties, as preformed by
- Conduct and document regular individual supervision with
supervisees, as per program requirements.
- Monitor the quality and timely submission of required
- Provide support and intervention to supervisees when
- If required by program design, provide back-up on-call support
to designated on-call program staff.
- If required by program design or in the absence of assigned
direct care worker, provide direct service as per program
- Participate in and conduct program related trainings.
- Educate staff on Agency, regulatory and funder requirements and
monitor compliance by staff and partners.
- Complete administrative functions (time sheet, mileage, time
off requests, credit card submissions, other expense
reimbursements, and weekly schedule, etc.) on time and in
accordance with agency policy. Oversee the timely and accurate
administrative functions for those supervising.
- Participate in group supervision, staff meetings and special
events, as required.
- Maintain client and case confidentiality per Agency, funder,
state and federal requirements.
- Prepare and conduct timely, accurate evaluations of employees
under his/her supervision.
- Demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural
- Represent self and Agency in a professional manner and abide by
the Agency's Professional Code of Ethics.
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with staff,
clients, community partner and other constituencies.
- Preform additional duties as assigned by and in support of the
Education and Work Experience
- Master's degree in a related field and a minimum of one year
prior management experience; or when allowed by program, contract
or licensing body a Bachelor's degree in a related field and a
minimum of two years experience managing a program in the field of
family and community services.
- A minimum of two years experience working in a related field /
setting (community based, social services, behavioral health,
school based or residential setting).
Licenses and Certifications
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth
by funder and Community Care Licensing for a Licensed Community
Care facility; i.e. Fingerprint and Child Abuse Index clearance,
TB/Health Physical. Valid CDL and clean driving record.
- Meets all compliance requirements of federal, state, and
country regulations by periodic sanction checks.
Compensation: Competitive DOE
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where
everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our
clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and
a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Our
benefits package is robust, aimed at keeping you healthy and well,
financially secure, providing a work-life balance, and protecting
you from the unexpected.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope
forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Keywords: Aspiranet, Merced , Core Program Manager I, Other , Merced, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!