Mercy Medical Center, a Dignity Health member, has been building
a rich history of care in our community for more than 100 years. We
have grown from a small one-story wooden structure into a major
healthcare provider with a new 186-bed main campus, offering the
latest in facility design and technology. Mercy also operates
Outpatient Centers, a Cancer Center and several rural clinics.
Wherever you work throughout our system, you will find faces of
experience with dedication to high quality, personalized care.
Joining our 1,300 employees, 230 physicians and many volunteers,
you can help carry out our commitment to providing our community
with the excellence they have come to associate with Mercy Medical
The Care Coordinator is responsible for assessing, planning,
facilitating and advocating for options and services through a
continuum of care from point of contact through discharge on
The Care Coordinator performs this role in such a manner as to
meet the individuals health needs while promoting quality and cost
effective outcomes. The positions emphasis will be on care
coordination, communication and collaboration with nursing,
physicians, departments within the medical center, insurers and
post-acute service providers to pace the care toward optimal
outcomes within the appropriate level of care.
The Care Coordinator will advocate for the patient and family by
identifying and valuing patient choice, spiritual needs, cultural,
language and socioeconomic barriers to care transitions. In
addition, the Care Coordinator will protect confidentiality while
striving to achieve high levels of patient satisfaction.
The Care Coordinator consistently conducts the utilization
review process and the discharge planning process as required by
hospital policies, standards of practice and Federal and State
- Must possess and maintain a current Registered Nurse license
with the state of California
- Minimum of 3 years nursing experience in an acute hospital
- A Master's Degree in nursing with a concentration in Case
Management can serve as a substitute for the experience
- Prior Care Coordination experience in a clinical or insurance
setting is required. If operational conditions permit, training a
candidate without the required experience may be considered.
- Excellent customer service and presentation skills are a
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills are
- Demonstrated ability to apply analytical and problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks or projects
- Ability to work independently as needed with a high degree of
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment with
- BSN degree or experience equivalent preferred.
- CM certification preferred