The Microsoft Silicon team is transforming the ways people
communicate, create, and collaborate through the devices and
components we develop.
We are a growing team of engineers on a mission to develop
revolutionary designs and ship first-to-market products.
Azure, XBOX, Surface and HoloLens incorporate our internally
developed silicon components. Our team is creative and resourceful;
we value growth and learning.
We want to amplify your abilities so you can do your best
Join us, and together we'll turn groundbreaking hardware designs
- BS in Electrical Engineering
5+ years of working experience with each of the following:
- Product and test engineering - SOC, GPU, CPU.
- Production testing.
- Product development - SOC, GPU, CPU.
- Product manufactures manufacturing flows - Semiconductor
- Background Product characterization - Power / Vmin / PVT for
SOC, GPU, CPU.
- Product packaging - SOC, GPU, CPU.
- DFT - Design for Test techniques.
- Process technologies - Advanced Process nodes, 5-10nM,
- High speed interfaces.
- Yield improvement.
- Post Silicon debug.
- Cost reduction - Cost reduction comes from Yield Improvement,
Supply chain Optimization, test time reduction.
- Software skills - scripting languages - Perl, C or other
relevant scripting language.
- CMOS device and product reliability - Complementarity Metal
- EFA and PFA - Electrical [E] & Physical [P] Failure Analysis
- Probability and statistics.
- Circuits and layout.
- Project and team management - SOC CPU GPU.
- Presentation and communication skills - Cross functional teams
and Senior management.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- MS In Electrical Engineering.
- Risk probability analysis.
- Device physics.
- Design of experiments.
- Foundry management.
- Image Sensor.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and / or government security
screening requirements are required for this role.
These requirements include, but are not limited to the following
specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required
to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and
every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender
identity or expression, genetic information, marital status,
medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability,
political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion,
sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and
We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal
histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need
assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability
during the application or the recruiting process, please send a
request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of
your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Product Engineer will support the development of SOC, GPU, CPU
The position will have responsibility for product manufacturing,
development, and transition of the production into mass