Assistant General Manager
Company: First Transit
Posted on: September 8, 2021
Looking for a career in
transportation? This is the position for you! We are looking for an
experienced leader who is no stranger to building great teams and
Become a part of our First Transit team as an Assistant General
Manager. This position assists the General Manager in supervising
daily operations. The Assistant General Manager monitors employee
performance, identifies safety issues, and addresses operational
needs. We hire individuals who make safety and customer service
their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and
determination to succeed, we are looking for you!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong
presence across North America.
- A comprehensive benefits package with paid holidays & vacation,
medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment.
Assistant General Manager major
- Assumes first-line supervision of location employees.
Ensures company policies and procedures are followed.
- Assists the General Manager in day-to-day operational oversight
of location operations including billing, payroll,
routing/scheduling, DOT & state compliance, accounts receivable and
accounts payable, recruitment and hiring of location
- Ensures drivers have the daily documentation necessary to
complete their routes. . . Ensures vehicles
dispatched are in proper working condition and daily DVI (pre and
post trip) forms have been submitted.
- Coordinates the dispatching, in-service monitoring, and turn-in
activities involved in daily transit operations. Acts as back
up member of Dispatch or Scheduling team.
- Develops manpower requirements for Dispatchers, Operators, and
assists with evaluating trip patterns for run structure
- Recommends and disciplines operations personnel.
Interviews necessary drivers and staff and completes customer
- Completes necessary daily and/or weekly reports for company and
- Tracks and maintains employee attendance system, processes
driver and operations staff vacation requests.
Maintains/orders necessary driver and staff uniforms.
- Monitors and evaluates Operations activities. Includes:
vehicle on-time statistics, missed runs, customer complaint data,
accident data, road call data, and other operations related
- Performs all other duties as assigned and may assist with other
areas based on location needs
- Control team's performance by controlling multiple processes
and overtime costs
Assistant General Manager requirements:
- 3 years passenger transportation management experience
- 3 years of experience managing hourly employees and building
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Proven ability to multi-task
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We
strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For
candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles
California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants
with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so
we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports
future growth for all.
Keywords: First Transit, Merced , Assistant General Manager, Other , Merced, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!