Diesel Mechanic- First Group
Company: First Group
Posted on: November 14, 2021
Fleet Maintenance TechnicianFirst Transit, a leader in
fixed-route, paratransit, shuttle bus and fleet maintenance
services, is now hiring an Entry-Level Fleet Technician I!First
Transit is proud to offer:
- $28/HR Starting wage (NOT flat rate)
- $2,000 Sign on bonus!*
- An additional $.25/hour for each ASE certification you possess
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Consistent full-time, year-round work
- An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and
dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, & sick time
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety
- Ongoing company training on state-of-the-art online system
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide
- A great work environment!Fleet Maintenance Mechanic Major
- Perform vehicle maintenance and repairs to ensure vehicles are
safe for our customers.
- Assist with preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections
and annual maintenance inspections.
- Assist in accurately diagnosing and performing mechanical
repairs including the repair of brakes, suspensions, drivetrains,
transmission clutches and other repairs under direct
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately.
Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts
and supplies used.
- Evaluate completed work prior to release and seek supervisor
approval where required.
- Notify supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and
corrective action taken.
- Move vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Assist with road calls and emergency services as
- Adhere to FirstGroup standards, policies and procedures.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested or required.Fleet
Maintenance Mechanic Qualifications:
- Vocational or technical degree in vehicle maintenance is
- Valid driver s license required.
- 1-2 years of automotive or diesel repair employment experience
or combination of education & experience.
- Must have appropriate mechanic s tool set.
- ASE certifications preferred. Must participate in company ASE
certification program (company training, testing, and bonuses
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work assigned shift.
- Be subject to a drug test.Apply today to join our team!First
Transit (a division of FirstGroup America) is a leading provider of
transportation services, moving more than 350 million passengers
annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit
professionals at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada and
Puerto Rico.We aspire to have a culture where all people are First.
We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For
candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles
California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants
with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so
we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports
future growth for all.*Conditions apply. Offer expires 12/31/21.
Associated topics: building maintenance, fertilizer, hardscaper,
landscape, lawn, podadore, pruner, rug, street, trimmer
Keywords: First Group, Merced , Diesel Mechanic- First Group, Other , Merced, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!