Wonderful Scholar Summer Internship, Irrigation Internship
Company: Wonderful Orchards
Posted on: June 24, 2022
With approximately 100,000 planted acres in California's San
Joaquin Valley, Wonderful Orchards is the world's largest grower of
almonds, pistachios and pomegranates. 35 years strong, and still
growing! Wonderful Orchards is a part of The Wonderful Company, a
privately held $5 billion global company dedicated to harvesting
health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer
brands which include Wonderful Pistachios, Wonderful Halos, POM
Wonderful, FIJI Water, Teleflora, and JUSTIN Wine.
We are seeking a motivated and responsible Wonderful Scholar for
full time 8-week internship. In this position, you will gain hands
on professional experience and learn how the department runs.
This position is located at New Columbia in Firebaugh, CA.
Duties and Responsibilities
Assisting with activities related to water scheduling and
monitoring. Includes collecting, recording, and analyzing
information from water monitoring devices (soil moisture sensors,
pressure bombs, water transmitters, water meters, weather
stations); assisting with water orders; organizing a database of
irrigation equipment; and testing the accuracy of water meters.
- Occasionally the employment commitment may require work or
travel on weekends and outside normal business hours to collect or
- Field work requires use of an ATV and some farm machinery
(training provided) and dexterity in handling moderately heavy (50
lbs.) pieces of equipment while on foot in the orchards.
- Orchard conditions are extreme, with summer temperatures
regularly exceeding 100 F -.
- Possession of a valid driver's license and safe driving record
Candidates must have a reliable form of personal transportation due
to the rural location, however a company vehicle will be available
during business hours for inter-company travel.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Must be Wonderful Scholar in junior or senior year of
- Must be 18 years of age
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed and able to work autonomously
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless
candidate has a legally valid exemption
- Be on the forefront of a growing business!
- Competitive benefits packing including Medical, Vision, Dental,
401k and bonus opportunity
- Continued training and generous Education Reimbursement
- Paid Sick, Vacation, Personal Hours and holiday time
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to
donate company money to a cause of your choice
Why choose Wonderful?
The Wonderful Company is a successful, entrepreneurial, privately
held company with healthy, iconic, authentic brands, and ethical,
creative, innovative business practices. We are passionate about
sustainability, social responsibility, philanthropy, and wellness
-- for our employees, their communities, and consumers around the
- We are harvesting a better world - We use the power of business
to make the world a better place.
- We nourish, naturally - We believe that what you put into your
body matters. The most nutritious -- and best-tasting -- foods are
those from nature.
- We play to win - Our employees set ambitious goals and meet
challenges with unified purpose and unmatched energy.
- We act differently - With courage and fearlessness, we are
relentless in our quest to inspire healthier. food and beverage
choices. As a privately held organization, we have the freedom and
the power to make quick and effective decisions.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products and core
values, visit www.wonderful.com or follow us on Facebook, Twitter
Please click here to view our Privacy Notice.
Wonderful Orchards and The Wonderful Company is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected
veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law
Keywords: Wonderful Orchards, Merced , Wonderful Scholar Summer Internship, Irrigation Internship, Other , Firebaugh, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!