Company: Dignity Health
Posted on: November 4, 2019
Responsibilities:The Security Officer is expected to provide a
reasonably safe and secure environment for all who enter Dignity
Health properties and to assure the physical security of buildings
and grounds. A It is expected that the security officer will
demonstrate behavior consistent with Dignity Health core value and
humankindness. A The security officer shall support Dignity
Healthas strategic plan and the goals and direction of the quality
improvement/process improvement activities. Responsibilities
- Protecting staff, patients, and visitors by responding to calls
for assistance in a timely and prudent manner such as violent or
unruly patients, visitors, crimes committed or in progress, opening
doors, and responding to emergency codes.
- Patrol the facility and grounds by foot or vehicle; monitor
security alarms and dispatch officers promptly to location(s) where
needed, and report unsafe acts or conditions.
- Knowledge of emergency procedures, equipment, supplies, reports
HIPPA breaches if witnessed; investigate security breaches, conduct
follow-up investigations, and write incident reports.
- Log all activities in a daily log to accurately record events;
and (2) complete clear, concise, and legible reports in a timely
manner; use appropriate emergency and radio codes in dispatching
security officers while knowing hospital campus to ensure that
those dispatched are to right
location.#HelloSecurityOfficersecurity, officer, guard, safety,
protection, guard card, IAHSS, law enforcement, military service,
police , public safetyQualificationsMinimum Qualifications
- Six (6) months experience as a security officer in a hospital
or healthcare setting, prior law enforcement or military service;
or one (1) year experience as a security officer.
- High school diploma or equivalent; or three (3) yearsa
experience as a security officer.
- Current state issued security officer license, showing no
- Workplace violence training annually.
- Must be able to speak English, communicate clearly orally, and
in writing; understand and use de-escalation techniques.
- American Heart Association CPR/BLS Certification within 90 days
of hire.Preferred Qualifications
- Current driveras license issued by the state wherein the
position is posted with satisfactory DMV report on file or the
ability to obtain one within 30 days of hire
- Completion of IAHSS Basic Training for Healthcare Security
Officer within 90 days
Keywords: Dignity Health, Merced , Security Officer, Other , Merced, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!