Refrigeration/ PSM Supervisor
Company: Dole Packaged Foods, LLC
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Dole Packaged Foods, LLCRefrigeration/ PSM
SupervisorUS--AtwaterJob ID: 2021-1951Type: Regular
Full-TimeCategory: EngineeringDole Packaged Foods, LLCOverviewDole
Packaged Foods is a purpose led health and wellness organization
that "champions a more equitable world." A world where everyone has
the right to nutrition from the goodness of the earth and we reduce
these gaps, one action at a time. This position is responsible for
directing and developing industrial refrigeration personnel by
mentoring associates, following guidelines, enforcing policies, and
setting example through professional interactions. This position
will support government audit readiness and the business goals to
minimize or eliminate any adverse effect on processing, packaging,
and storage of frozen fruit due to refrigeration equipment.
ResponsibilitiesThe statements below are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned
to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so
classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform inspections and preventative maintenance as required by
PSM and CMMS schedules
- Adheres to and directs others to follow all Safety, GMP, LO/TO,
PPE, NFPA70c, food safety processes, and other Dole and government
guidelines and site-specific policies/procedures.
- Understands the hazards of ammonia and freon refrigeration
- Must safely operate, maintain, and evaluate performance checks
of equipment such as evaporative condensers, cooling towers, and
all engine room equipment.
- Work with Production and Planners to estimate times for
maintenance activity and help establish equipment maintenance
downtimes to minimize the effect on operations.
- Assist with PHA, MI, and PMS audits/inspections.
- Demonstrate a cooperative behavior with subordinates, peers,
and management to foster an environment where innovation and
cooperation are used to solve problems.
- Lead others including contractors effectively by prioritizing,
creating and managing work orders, delegating tasks, and follow-up
to ensure good work practices and work completion.
- Ensure compliance and updates with all facets the EPA's RMP
Regulation of hazardous Chemical facility (PSM System, Hazard
Assessment, Emergency Response Program, Risk Management Plans,
Process Hazard Analysis, and Offsite Consequence strategies).
- Diagnose, analyze, investigate, and correct most causes of
malfunction of refrigeration and associated processing
- Knowledge of CUPA, CalARP, Cal/OSHA, EPA, and other government
- Encourages the teams to keep work areas clean, neat, and
orderly and lead by example.
- Document testing and chemical usage in boilers and evaporative
- Lead rebuild efforts of compressors, ammonia pumps, motors, oil
reservoir, and other components.
- Effectively manage departmental budget and deliver against
- Use data (CMMS) and observations to analyze problems and
develop alternative solutions.
- Work with Supervisors, Planners, Engineering, and Management to
implement best practices.
- Keep manager informed of progress of planned tasks, projects,
and if required change of priorities that could conflict with pre
- Maintain incident command trailer & inventory monthly.
- Calibrate IC trailer handheld monitoring devices as
- Other duties as assigned and off hour support that is
reasonably associated with the above functions of the
job.QualificationsExperience, Knowledge, & Skills You Bring:The
statements below are intended to describe the general nature and
level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They
are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform
other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of large 2 stage ammonia refrigeration system
and associated equipment; IQF's, coils, condensers, as well as air
compressors, AC systems, and boilers.
- Ability to accommodate regulatory audits,
- Read, interpret, and understand maintenance and specification
manuals, prints diagrams, P&ID's, and schematics
- Refrigeration Engineers & Technicians Association (RETA),
Certified Industrial Relations Operator, (CIRO) preferred
- HAZMAT 40-hour certification within 1 year of hire date
- Pass APR fit test and breathing OSHA requirements and function
in Level A preferred, level B required.
- Ability to obtain working understanding of a CMMS (SAP
knowledge preferred) and document work functions, assign tasks, and
assign parts/hours to WO's and PM's.What You'll Need to Succeed:
- Passionate about a purpose driven career
- 5+ years' related experience
- 3+ years of PSM experience preferred.
- Supervisory experience or equivalent combination of education
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus, but not required.
- Competent computer navigation on HMI's, CMMS, PC based PSM
folder, and MS Office
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills including
the ability to effectively present facts and recommendations in
oral and written form.
- Strong leadership and effective team management skillsEducation
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Strongly Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in EngineeringPhysical
Requirements:The physical demands described here are representative
of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Ability to sit and use the computer for extended periods of
time; ability to answer phones and use a variety of office
equipment; ability to lift 50 pounds and reach overhead.
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders.
- Requires climbing, standing, stooping, twisting, lifting and
other physical movements requiring full range of motion.
- Must be able to work in a temperature range -15F to 120F.
- Industrial plant and related noise and temperaturesTravel
- May have some travel to other Dole facilities. Employment is
contingent upon drug screen, background verification, and skills
test required for some positions. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex,
color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of
Keywords: Dole Packaged Foods, LLC, Merced , Refrigeration/ PSM Supervisor, Professions , Atwater, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!