Site Reliability Engineer
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Job DescriptionThe Site Reliability Engineer will help design
and build our hybrid cloud environments as we re-platform our
traditional on-premise application stack to one that is modern,
API-based and cloud friendly. Candidate will be empowered to
innovate and contribute to the definition of standards, automation,
and processes that enable product development teams to release
features continuously. To accomplish these goals, the successful
candidate will have a deep and thorough vision of how information
flows, where to tap into it, how to monitor it, and then surface
actionable details to reduce CI/CD friction. AppDynamics will be
the primary tool for reporting these insights. Your expertise with
Infrastructure as Code will bridge a deployment gap for fast
delivery of innovative customer facing API---s. You will be the
Subject Matter Expert (SME) for our application development
platform for several diverse teams of Java, Web, and IBMi
professionals. Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop and continually improve source and
Infrastructure code management/build and release systems and
- Report to the Director, Platform Engineering--
- Wizard-like ability using shell languages like bash and
- Execute on Continuous Integration and Pipe-lining Initiatives
using BitBucket, Jira, Jenkins, Rocket LMe, and ServiceNow.
- Champions an agile and Infrastructure as Code philosophy.
- Participate in problem solving and troubleshooting of
infrastructure and applications as needed. -- Qualifications:
- Bachelor---s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
combination of relevant education, training, and experience.
- 3 --- 5 years in Site Reliability Engineering and Application
- 3 - 5 years of experience with technologies such as Jenkins,
GIT/Subversion, Maven, Gradle, Ant, JIRA, etc a must.
- 2-4 years--- experience in a Lead Engineering role.
- Demonstrable experience with CI/CD and Infrastructure as Code
- Demonstrable experience with converting manual configuration
projects into code-based, automated deployments.
- Solid understanding of Networking concepts (NAT, DNS, routing,
- Knowledge of IBM development tools such as Rocket LMe/LMi,
Opsportal a plus, but not required.
Python, etc) will put you in front for the role. We are an Equal
Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee
or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age
national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran and basis of disability or any other federal,
state, or local protected class.
Keywords: WORLDPAC, Merced , Site Reliability Engineer, Professions , Merced, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!