Vehicle Operations Specialist (Driver) - Automated Vehicle Division- Atwater, CA
Posted on: September 15, 2021
Overview: The health and safety of our employees is our credo,
moral obligation, and at the core of our business practices.
How we are keeping our employees and customers
- Strict adherence to CDC Guidelines
- Enhanced vehicle cleaning/disinfecting measures with
concentrated focus on high frequency touch areas
- PPE Distribution (Hand Sanitizer, masks, gloves)
- Social Distancing Enforced
- Enhanced facility cleaning/disinfecting measures with
concentrated focus on high frequency touch areas
- Daily temperature checks
- Required COVID-19 Vaccination
We're Hiring Vehicle Operations Specialists in Atwater,
The Vehicle Operations Specialist will be responsible for
operating, testing various technologies, and collecting data.
The position offers the following -
- Earn $20.00 per hour post training
- Career advancement opportunities/Increased Wages
- Available shifts- AM and PM
- Benefits after 90 days
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Days
- And Much More!
Questions? Email: AvJobsTransdev.com
Positions are filling fast! Apply Today!
Qualifications: Education, Licensing, and Certifications
- Maintain Transdev's high standard of safety, inside and outside
of the vehicle;
- Consistently demonstrate situational awareness, an
understanding of the technology in his/her care, and a willingness
to constantly adjust to changes in the environment;
- Be the deputy for technology by communicating courteously
always with management, engineers, and the public;
- Operate/Drive in single and/or dual driving mode for 6-8 hours
a day alone or with a co-driver, five days a week; able to sit
still for long periods of time;
- Capable of responding quickly to changing and potentially
- Work mostly individually but also in small groups of 2-10
- Monitor multiple software systems with constant focus;
- Provide concise, clear, and accurate verbal and written
feedback regarding the vehicle's operations;
- Complete daily reports and document procedures and tests.
- Interact with the members of the public and educate them on
- Operate self-driving vehicle on both defined and undefined
routes, including a variety of environmental conditions.
- Operate onboard data recording computers;
- Comfortable riding as a passenger in a self-driving vehicle,
where the driver may have little control over the vehicle's
- Comply with Transdev's Autonomous Vehicle Division
zero-tolerance policy regarding the use of alcohol or drugs by
self-driving vehicle operators during a shift, including randomized
drug testing; and
- Other duties as required
- Must be 21 years old;
- High School Diploma or GED required. Four-year college degree
(preferred) in a related field like industrial or applied
- Must have and maintain a driving record that meets state AVT
(Autonomous Vehicle Tester) and/or other applicable regulations and
- Meets driver requirements, including driving record and
criminal history under applicable regulations and laws in the
state(s) in which the self-driving vehicle monitor will be
- Ability to parallel park with minimal assistance.
- Upon acceptance of work, must be willing to be enrolled in a
commercial driving program, including a randomized drug testing
- Minimum of 3 years of experience driving on public roads as a
license driver (required). Additional experience is preferred;
- Proficiency with a laptop computer and GSuite apps (i.e. Gmail,
Hangouts, and Driver, including Sheets and Docs);
- Proficiency with using a touchscreen smartphone (Android
preferred by not required); and
- Must be able to type at least 40 adjusted wpm.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Must have good attention to detail and be able to quickly and
concisely describe their thoughts;
- Capable of responding quickly and simultaneously to multiple
- Adapt quickly to new and developing technology;
- Cross-functional verbal and written communication and issue
- Must be able to multitask multiple technologies, including
communications devices and vehicle status systems
- Must be able to work specific shifts, including early mornings,
evenings, and/or weekends, as well as overnight shifts and travel
for up to one month;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
- Must be self-motivated and demonstrate good judgement, in
fast-paced, high stress environments.
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions,
experience, and the requirements and conditions listed in this job
description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks
that an employee may be required to perform. Transdev reserves the
right to revise this job description at any time.
- Must submit to a drug test, non-DOT medical examination, and
- Driving Record
- Occasional standing, walking, and sitting.
- Long periods of sitting.
- Use hands to finger; handle or feel; and talk or hear; climb
stairs and/or ladders.
- Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or
balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 45
- Must use close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Optimal hearing
- Most work is accomplished outdoors in a vehicle.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and
welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and
impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data,
gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally
protected status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law.
Transdev will also consider qualified applicants regardless of
criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work
in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to
pass a drug screen and background check
Keywords: Transdevna, Merced , Vehicle Operations Specialist (Driver) - Automated Vehicle Division- Atwater, CA, Other , Atwater, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!